Welcome to Mount Greylock Regional School District!
Mount Greylock Regional School District includes Lanesborough and Williamstown representing a combined population of 11,000 residents. Our District is comprised of three schools: Lanesborough Elementary (PreK-6), Williamstown Elementary (PreK-6) and Mount Greylock Regional School (7-12). Total enrollment is approximately 1200 students.
At Mount Greylock Regional School District, our mission is to create a community of learners working together in a safe and challenging learning environment that encourages restorative based processes, respect, inclusive diversity, courtesy, integrity and responsibility through high expectations and cooperation resulting in life-long learning and personal growth.
About Our Schools:
- Courtesy: We are committed to fostering and maintaining an environment free of all types of fear and intimidation. Based on our core belief that individuals are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect, it is our policy to prohibit any conduct that constitutes a climate in which individuals feel fear and/or intimidation.
- Inclusive Diversity: We recognize that students come to us with diverse experiences, interests, strengths, and needs. It is therefore essential that all students have access to challenging and personally meaningful curriculum and instruction.
- Integrity: We believe in the integrity of all members of the school community and the commitment to academic honesty and support of our quest for authentic learning. By adhering to ethical principles, acting honorably and assuring that there is consistency between beliefs, words, and actions, we individually demonstrate integrity and high moral character.
- Respect: We nurture the whole child and ensure that each student receives a new opportunity every day to perform at his/her best. We believe that developing caring and supportive relationships between and among educators, students and parents lead to higher levels of student achievement.
- Responsibility: We recognize the responsibility of the entire school community to ensure the success of all students. All students learn when their passions and talents are coupled with high expectations and academic rigor in a safe and caring environment.
- Restorative Based Processes: We are best when students are first. All decisions are centered on the needs of the whole child.
Lanesborough Elementary School (LES)
Lanesborough Elementary School (LES) is a pre-K to grade 6 elementary school with approximately 200 students. One of the first towns to be settled in Berkshire County, Lanesborough is a quiet, residential township comprised of around 3,000 persons living in two villages: Lanesborough Village and Berkshire Village, spread over the rural landscape. The Taconic Range divides the town from Hancock on the west, and a spur of the Hoosac Mountains separates it from Cheshire on the north and east. These two ranges unite at the foot of Mount Greylock, the highest mountain in the state; and the beautiful view down the valley to Pittsfield and the mountains beyond. Pontoosuc Lake, one of the most popular recreation areas in Berkshire County, is on the town’s southern border.
Lanesborough Elementary Vision: We are a community of life-long learners who are ready to problem solve all challenges. Through persistence and resilience, we cultivate social- emotional readiness and academic excellence in the 21st century classroom.
Click here for a Google Map and directions to Lanesborough Elementary School
Williamstown Elementary School (WES)
Williamstown Elementary School (WES) is a pre-K to grade 6 elementary school with approximately 400 students. Centered in the picturesque town of Williamstown, WES is surrounded by the Berkshire Mountains. Its culturally rich neighbors include Williams College, the Williams College Museum of Art, the Williamstown Theatre Festival, the Clark Art Institute and MASS MoCA.
Williamstown Elementary Vision: We are a compassionate community of curious and diverse learners with a commitment to social- emotional development and academic engagement. Competent, kind, and resilient, our students are prepared to contribute to their ever-changing world.
Click here for a Google Map and directions to Williamstown Elementary School
Mount Greylock Regional School District (MGRSD)
Mount Greylock Regional School District (MGRSD) is a middle and high school with approximately 600 students. Located on the site of an old mountain airport in South Williamstown, the view from the front of the school is across “The Hopper” to the top of Mt. Greylock. Students from Williamstown, Lanesborough, New Ashford, and Hancock travel to the high performing regional school, home of Mountie Pride.
Mount Greylock Regional School Vision: We are a community of engaged, diverse learners and mentors who seek to challenge ourselves academically and socially to contribute to a rapidly shifting world. Individually and collaboratively, we create an environment where the characteristics of responsibility, integrity and perseverance are fostered and practiced by all.
Click here for a Google map and directions to Mt. Greylock
Click here for Mount Greylock Regional School 2022 DOE Report Card